Monday, January 9, 2012

Where will our next chapter be?

Wow! So many things can change in such a short period of time!

My first post was posted in October. At that time I thought I was going to be moving to Starkville, MS to attend MSU with my husband and our 2 friends. Little did I know, so many things would change! It's crazy!

So, after alot of thinking and praying. I KNEW Starkville just wasn't the right place for us. I didn't have a clue where we were going to end up but I knew that we were going to end up moving somewhere.

One day I was searching which schools had Joe's major. (Let me just tell you, there aren't many). The 3 closest schools were MSU (Starkville), UT (Knoxville), or ASU (Jonesboro). It just happened that not only did Joe's father live there but also that it's the closest one to our home now. We'd feel far away enough to feel like we've actually moved away but yet close enough so that if something happened we could get to our families within 1.5 hours.

We decided to take a trip there to visit his father and step mom. They agreed to show us around the town so we could get a feel if that's where we wanted to be. And let me just tell you, we fell in love with Jonesboro. I don't know what's so great about it but it just seems so much better than here. Maybe it's because I'm getting to escape for awhile, or just the fact that I don't have to live in Desoto County anymore.

So, it's official. We are moving to Jonesboro, AR. We have both been accepted into ASU for Fall 2012! We're going to be Red Wolves!


Not everyone agrees with our decisions but I just hope that everyone will eventually support us. I've always heard that if someone truly loves you they'd support you on whatever makes you happy. I just really hope some people will come around. We're greatful for our families, most have helped us SOO much over the last couple of years. We have truly been blessed. But, we're doing this to better ourselves. To be able to finish our educations so we can eventually build our family and be able to support ourselves and not have to struggle financially like most people.

We know that in the beginning or maybe through out the whole time we live in Jonesboro we will have times of struggle. But, I know we will be able to get through it. If we can get through the next 2-3 years we will be setting ourselves up for a good life. To me, 2-3 years of struggle is worth it.

More than likely everything will not turn out as planned. Who knows! But right now, I know that our move in date is Feb 1st. I'm praying that everything works out. I know whatever God has planned for us we will be okay with.

I'm excited to move.

I'm ready to live in our own place.

I'm ready to cook dinner for my husband and live like true newlyweds.

I'M READY TO START OUR NEXT CHAPTER!

1 comment: