Monday, April 7, 2014

My first 5k

Last Saturday Joe and I accomplished our first 5k! Yes, we walked it. But, our goal was to walk it in an hour and we did it! We finished in 56 minutes! 

I was awesome. The feeling of being part of something big is pretty cool! Seeing people all around you pushing themselves really makes you push yourself. I'm not going to lie, I was TERRIFIED. I was thinking I would be last and would look ridiculous walking. I was just SO happy that I wasn't last. There were about 20 people behind me and I was okay with that! 

Most of the time we were in a gap so we were alone. The first 1.5 miles we didn't talk at all and just listened to our music but when we got to (in my opinion) the most difficult part, we took our headphones off and Joe helped me push through it. 

I loved it. I know some people would just think I'm stupid for making a big deal out of a 5k. To me, this was a big deal. I'm looking at it as a new beginning! Joe and I have decided to start practicing on running and we've already signed up for another 5k in September and then we are doing a Zombie one in October! 

I can't wait to see what the next few months have in store! I'm excited! 

-Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment