Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Our new life...

Wow, the last 3 weeks have been crazy...but yet so amazing. We signed our lease to our first place on the 6th. So, we've been here for 3 weeks. It's nice to finally be able to settle down. Today though we finally "decorated" and put all of our photo frames and paintings up. I love our little place. It's just the right size for us. (Not to mention it's nice not to have to clean up a big place). Zippy is adjusting pretty well. We're trying to get used to having to take her out every couple of hours. Joe's been working back in Memphis 3-4 days a week so that's been a little difficult but honestly, I think it only makes us stronger. We haven't been apart this much in 3-4 years so it's tough but we're adjusting. I started a new job literally the day we moved here. It's been a crazy ride.

Things I've learned since we've moved:
 I only cook when Joe's home, if it's just me then it's ramen noodles.
 I love to cook.
 I love to clean the kitchen.
 I wash a load of dishes everyday.
 Olive oil is expensive.
 If I have cokes in the fridge I will drink them.
 Men can't put their dishes in the dish washer.
 Men can't put the toilet seat down.
Our apartment's fire detector is VERY sensitive and goes off every time I cook.
 Our apartment's fire detector is hard wired (you cannot remove the batteries).
 Our upstairs neighbors don't sleep.
 I HATE washing clothes.

Yep, that's it for now. I just thought I'd write a little bit so one day I can come back and look back on it.

So, I'm pretty happy with our decision to move. Don't get me wrong, it's been hard. I really miss my family and Joe's but it was for the best. I'm making new friends and learning to get around here. I'm excited to see what the future holds. Who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment