Monday, July 16, 2012

Following My Dreams...

Wow! It's been a while since I have wrote a blog! Where have I been?

Well, let's recap. Joe and I moved to Arkansas from Mississippi so that we could both attend a University. We somehow thought we both would be able to go to college and work full time. Yea, right. So, here we are, in Arkansas having no idea what to do next.

I thought I wanted to just get my bachelors in Accounting. But, I landed an awesome job at a local hospital that really opened my eyes up to the medical field. I was already having thoughts that I might want to get into nursing but this really sealed the deal.

I went to meet with an adviser in May about seeing what I needed to do to get into the local nursing program. She pretty much told me that with my GPA (3.2) there's no way I could get in. She said they only usually accept 3.4 and above. Yea, I left a total mess. It made me completely not know what to do. I HATE when someone tells me I can't do something. I was so angry with myself for letting myself even have a 3.2 GPA. Why did I slack so much? Why did I stop caring about my grades?

Anyways, I got this job at the hospital. I interact with people all day long. And I love it. Yea, there are ALOT of crazy people but still I do really like the hospital environment. So, that's why I have decided that I am going to major in Biology. I'm going to go to either Medical School or Pharmacy School. You can think I'm crazy. You can think that I'm just wasting my time. But, no. I am determined. I am going to do something with my life. I am going to try my hardest to get into Medical or Pharmacy school. If I can't I'll go back and do nursing but I won't ever know until I try. Everyone tells me "yes, do it. your smart enough." Do they really think that though?

Anyways, Joe is hopefully getting a job soon where he will be working 10 day on 4 days off. Yes, I'm going to miss my husband but I think it'll give me a good opportunity to have study time since I'm planning on kicking this Biology major in the A**. It's going to suck being over here alone. I already miss my family but I'm sure with him gone will only make it worse. But I just have to think about our future. I'm going to do this so that when I get done with school he can go be whatever he wants to be.

I really thank God for giving me someone who is willing to put his education on hold and work full time to provide for us while I go follow my dreams. Wow, did I really just say that? Yes, if I follow through with this I will be following my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment